And by "Sickies," I mean The Plague. For a kid whose never been sick other than a day or two at four months old when his Dad brought home The Sniffles, Carter certainly manned up and made up for lost time. A double ear infection, double eye infection and an irritated throat. Boom.
Did I mention he's such a good sharer? Under any other circumstances, I would be such a proud Mama.
Here are the questions I leave you to ponder while I go wrangle my child for what will be an Olympic-attempt at administering eye drops. I seriously deserve a trophy for this shit.
1. How can something so small produce such copious amounts of snot?
2. Why is it that babies and children insist on coughing in your face at the precise time your mouth is open? For such young-ins, they have pretty darn good aim.
3. Does one really think that by providing a larger than life eye dropper, that the child would somehow not see that bad boy coming directly towards their face? Thence allowing ease of administration of an Elmer's Glue-like substance?
4. It's a snot sucker. It's not a dagger. It doesn't bite. For the love of all things holy, would you please just let me suck some of that godforsaken snot out of your head?
5. Where is The Husband? Has anyone seen him? We certainly haven't.
If I catch Carter's pink-eye, I'm going to lose my shit.