Friday, October 30, 2009
Thursday, October 29, 2009
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
This year? Hubs bought me the comfiest pair of North Face fleece sweatpants
Monday, October 26, 2009
Sunday, October 25, 2009
Thursday, October 22, 2009
What's even spookier? My Dad would remove the plate glass from our front door and dress as the Grim Reaper, sitting on a chair behind the door, turning his head to follow the movements of the trick-or-treaters. Okay, now tell me that wouldn't make you pee your pants? No? Well, how about when he would reach through the door, where the glass should have been, to hand you your candy? That is, if you even made it up to the front door...
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Monday, October 19, 2009
Please take note, I've taken to naming it Horace.
And I would like for it to vacate the premises immediately.
Unless that is, I can teach it to do my laundry.
Thursday, October 15, 2009
May 26th, 2008
We bought baby books. We talked the name game. We pictured our baby inheriting my husband's curly hair, his freckles, my long legs and dark eyes, my allergies and our shared history of having to wear glasses since grade school. (Ha!)
Hubs patiently put up with my mood swings, my aversion to chicken and my ravenous appetite. He listened to me whine all day, every day about feeling nauseous. And absolutely exhausted.
We shared our news with family and friends.
We went on a previously planned vacation to Martha's Vineyard and each time I took at those pictures, I think, "I was pregnant then." Four weeks later, we vacation again in Ocean City, Maryland and I miscarried just shy of my 14th week, in August of 2008.
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
I've been a bit of a blog-slacker lately, but "life things" have picked up a bit in the last couple of weeks and let me just say, my plate is a bit full at the moment. But enough about that serious shtuff..
Here are the Rules:
1. You Can Only Use One Word!
2. Pass this along to your favorite bloggers!
3. Alert them that you have given them this award!
4. Have Fun!
2. Your hair? bun.
3. Your mother? awesome.
4. Your father? bestmanever (how's that for one word?!)
5. Your favorite food? sushi.
6. Your dream last night? scary!
7. Your favorite drink? coke.
8. Your dream/goal? vineyard.
9. What room are you in? breakroom.
10. Your hobby? music.
11. Your fear? loss.
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? family.
13. Where were you last night? work.
14. Something that you aren’t? tan.
15. Muffins? pumpkin.
16. Wish list item? yurman.
17. Where did you grow up? jersey.
18. Last thing you did? lunch.
19. What are you wearing? scrubs.
20. Your TV? big.
21. Your pets? sheepie!
22. Friends? yay!
23. Your life? blessed.
24. Your mood? complacent.
25. Missing someone? Hubs!
26. Vehicle? LOVE.
27. Something you’re not wearing? earrings.
28. Your favorite store? JCrew.
29. Your favorite color? navy.
30. When was the last time you laughed? today.
31. Last time you cried? september.
32. Your best friend? Hubs.
33. One place that you go to over and over? JCrew.
34. One person who emails me regularly? Hubs.
35. Favorite place to eat? Savona.
Dezzy Lou Where are You nominated me for this little diddy. I'm a newbie to her little slice of blog heaven and can't get enough! I've spent most of my lunch hour catching up on her posts!
Because I'm such a good little rule follower, here's my list of 7 (more) things you may or may not know about me!
1. Hubs and I will be married for TWO years at the end of this month. We dated for three years before becoming engaged. We were engaged for approximately 18 months before we became Mr. and Mrs. M. and as of January 27, 2010, we'll have been together for a whopping 7 years. Ask Hubs and he'll say, "7 years? That's it? Feels like a lifetime." Funny guy.
2. I can sort of play the piano. I've played the drums since I was in the fifth grade and have recently (okay fine, within the last year) attempted to teach myself how to play the acoustic guitar. (I secretly want to have that coffee shop girl-and-her-guitar thing going on...)
3. I can only play Smoke on the Water and a handful of Christmas songs on the guitar. Therefore, I should probably give up my dream of being a mysterious, emo-esque coffee shop girl-with-her-guitar.
4. I love Christmas music. Sometimes, when I'm around the house doing those silly little house chores that have the ability to suck the absolute life out of you, like tidying up, vacuuming or dusting, I will throw on a Christmas mix circa 2001 and it just seems to make me uber productive. Weird, I know.
5. I love my job. I don't blog about it often, but I LOVE it. Not many people can honestly say that. I've always wanted to be a nurse and I can't imagine working in any other specialty than Oncology.
6. I have Essential Idiopathic Hypertension. (This is a new one for me, just diagnosed last month after a couple visits to the ER and a rendezvous or two with my primary doctor, who, by the way, is nearly 100 years old and ilovehimandiwanthimtobemygrandpaRIGHTNOW). I'm twenty six years old and I take the same blood pressure medication as some of my friends' grandparents. I may be a great nurse but I make for one terrible patient. I can't remember to take my meds at the same time every day! Maybe I just need to retire now. Hubs, whatchya think?
7. I didn't learn how to swim until I was 8 years old. No joke. Private swim lessons in your own backyard? Fail. Group lessons at the town lake? Fail. Group lessons at the town pool? Maybe it had something to do with the creepy seaweed that always managed to find my feet? Fail. It wasn't until I was enrolled in lessons at a local spa that I finally learned how to swim. I.was. 8.
I now tag the following bloggers, my NEWEST and most FABULOUS followers, for BOTH of these prestigious little bloggy awards:
Jenni at HelloWorld
Meredith at La Buena Vida
Alisa at Daily Violets
Chelsea at A Colorado Cupcake
that's it for now folks!
.. will return to your regularly scheduled blog posting as soon as I reign in my sanity..
Saturday, October 10, 2009
Thursday, October 8, 2009
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Saturday, October 3, 2009
Friday, October 2, 2009
Thursday, October 1, 2009
This year, the hospital where I work (one of the Top 10 in the nation, mind you) has mandated that all staff within close patient contact receive both the seasonal flu shot and the H1N1 vaccine (which should be available later this month). Or else, "staff will be subject to termination."
Welp. I got my flu shot. I have the dead arm and body aches to prove it. Did you get yours?
What are your thoughts on mandating vaccines? Especially the brandy-new H1N1?