Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Eight Questions For Moi? Eight Questions for You!
Erin, a fellow blogger and mommy-to-be over at A Real Housewife, tagged me to play this little re-post of 8 questions. The trick is to answer the 8 proposed questions, tag 8 of your favorite bloggers and create 8 questions of your own for them to answer. Here goes!
1. What would you request for your last meal?
Easy peasy. The spiciest tuna roll out there. Actually, two of them. And throw in a shrimp tempura roll. With a side of the fluffiest, creamiest mashed potatoes followed by the largest bowl of green mint chocolate chip ice cream. All of this complimented by a bottle of Cakebread Chardonnay.
2. Who are you closest to in your family and why?
This is a toughie. I don't have a very large family and truthfully, before the birth of my brother 19 years ago, I was the youngest of the bunch! I would have to say that I'm awfully close to both of my parents. I talk to my Momma on the phone almost daily and if it weren't for the four hour distance, I'd probably see my parents every couple of days, if possible!
3. Who is your favorite artist and current song?
I'm so lame. I don't really have a favorite artist. I love me some country music though. And some good ol' blended rock/folk. Any kind of music you could move a little to.. and drink a margarita.
If I had to choose, my favorite country artist is Sugarland, hands down. Favorite song? "These Are The Days" or "One Blue Sky." No matter where I'm driving to, I'll always throw either of these songs on and belt them out.. over and over and over again. As for my favorite folk rocker? I absolutely love Matt Nathanson. Love.
4. Favorite dessert?
Mint chocolate chip ice cream. It's imperative that it's the green kind. And any type of dark chocolate, preferably without nuts. Ick.
5. What outfit is your go-to outfit that always makes you feel fabulous?
I think I would have preferred this question be asked eleven months ago, pre-baby. If you had asked me then, I'd have said a pair of my JCrew matchstick jeans with a pair of gladiator sandals or wedges and a cute slinky tank top. Oh, and a tan. Now? A shower makes me feel fabulous. If I can get a shower, it's a wonderful day. No, really. What makes me feel fabulous now? Cute undies to make up for the heinous, non-sexy nursing attire I've been forced to endure. I really miss having a sense of style. Sigh.
6. When you were a kid, what was your dream job?
When I was 10, I wanted to be a veterinarian. I think that's the first time I ever thought about my "working future." By the time I hit junior high school, I knew I wanted to be a nurse. Exciting? No. But my dream job? Without a doubt. Should I have said something like "rockstar?" Or "model?" Ehh. I was a realistic kid, what can I say?
7. What is your least favorite aspect of your current job?
The lack of sleep. Being that my current job is a stay-at-home Mommy? That's about the only downfall. Maybe the lack of the mommy friends, too. But it's a bit early for that. We're only four and a half weeks in here, people.
8. Do you prefer online shopping or actually going to the store?
Pre-baby? I was all about the mall. I would make weekly trips there, sometimes twice a week! I had my staple faves that I would hit: JCrew, Nordstroms, MAC, BCBG. Post-baby? It's all about Diapers.com. Those flimsy plastic JCrew packages that used to adorn my doorstep have been replaced by Diapers.com cardboard boxes almost weekly. How can you ignore that next day free shipping? Diapers.com is this Mommy's best friend.
Girls, consider yourself tagged! Here are your questions:
Simply Said by Simply Me
Life As a Coaches Wife
(I would tag more but the tagging is the last part I did and C's callin' for his Momma now! If you love me and you want to answer my questions, go for it! I'd love to hear your answers!)
1. I have a few words that I simply cannot stand. The sound of them, the way they fill my mouth. Just the thought makes me cringe. What are your least favorite words?
2. A self-declared major bookworm, I can't get enough of good fiction. What's your all-time most favorite read?
3. What's your favorite meal of the day? Breakfast, lunch or dinner?
4. Do you put your socks on before or after you slip your pants on?
5. If you could cast yourself on any of TV's recent reality shows, which would it be? (Jerseylicious, Jersey Shore, Real Housewives, Chopped, The Next Food Network Star) Think broad spectrum here, ladies!
6. What's your favorite attribute?
7. We all have a favorite Disney movie. What's yours?
8. And last but not least, you win a goldfish at the local country fair. What do you name him or her?