Yes, that's right. The only thing more expensive in this world than having a an addiction to crack, is owning a puppy. Even my obsession with JCREW cashmere and designer handbags falls short of the paramount fiscal responsibility that is owning a dog. Let's take a look at just how much Sully cost the M household in February:
1. Dog Walker complete with four visits per week: 280.00
2. Eukanuba Large Breed Puppy Chow, 50lbs bag: 50.00
3. Gentle Harness (so that Sully doesn't choke and gag himself while walking): 29.99
4. Organic Dog Toy (it was a sheep! he is a SHEEP DOG! he HAD to have it!): 12.99
5. Puppy Bath at Pet Smart ($1.00 per pound of dog): 60.00
6. Ridiculous Dog Toy (that I thought was a sheep, but turned out to be a goat, pre-Organic Sheep find): 9.99
7. The Positive Pooch Puppy Classes (One hour, every Saturday, for six weeks): 135.00
Grand Total: 577.97
Wait. It gets better.
1. The price of a new USB cable that will need to replace the old brand new one that Sullivan chewed through.
2. The price to re-pane one of the glass doors on the curio cabinet that Sullivan shattered into nearly a bajillion pieces after knocking over the barstool setting off a chain reaction that ended in the shattering of said glass panel.
3. The price to re-fit a lense to Hubs' Oakley sunglasses.
I think I'm going to need a second job. Or else I'd better start playing the lottery.
Better yet- I'd better start saving up my stipend. As Hubs so lovingly reminds me on a daily basis, "But honey, I neeeeeeeed to have a dog. My life is not worth living without a doooooooog. It's so lonely without a pupppppppy!"
Let's be real. How could you not love this face? He's worth every penny in my book!