Now, you might wonder how my Friday is different from any other day of the week, especially considering that I don't work a forty-hour, Monday through Friday work week, but Loyals? Believe me when I say, I get just as excited for Fridays as the rest of you Friday-lovin'-ladies out there.
Why? For one, it means that The Husband brings home pizza for dinner. It also means that said Husband comes home with said pizza before 7:30pm. And I may or may not pour myself a shot glass full of beer to indulge in whilst hoovering said pizza.
However, just because it's Friday doesn't mean this day has been without fails and the occasional F-bomb. And yes, it's only shortly after noon. Let's recap, shall we?
- I woke up early and in preparation for my 8:30am 33-week doctor appointment, did NOT use the little girl's room upon stepping out of bed this morning (F-Bomb). First things first, do you understand how difficult this is to do when your 5lb fetus is constantly head-banging your bladder? Doing so only resulted in me doing The I-Have-To-Pee-So-Bad-But-Must-Save-It-For-A-Cup Shuffle around the house as I readied Carter for breakfast, willing myself NOT to pee my pants (or my shorts rather) because we also know that at this stage of pregnancy? I have about 4 things that fit and are respectable enough to leave the house in. (Double F-Bomb).
Note: Your husband's Under Armour shorts and fraternity T-shirt is not one of these "respectable outfits."
- After rummaging through the pantry
The least he could do is wait for me to leave the house and not do so smugly and right before my eyes.
- After quickly kissing The Toddler and The Husband goodbye as I made my way out the door, I started my car only to realize my gas light was on as well as some other light that resembled a beach inner-tube making love to a tic-tac-toe board. (F-Bomb).
- Thankfully my doctor's office is just a short five minutes from home and I knew I could easily stop for gas on my way back. Not only would I get to hear the sweet, sweet sound that is M2's heartbeat, but more importantly, I would be able to pee. Priorities, here Loyals. Priorities. As I check-in at the front desk, the receptionist asks me if I'm here for "weekly visits." I quickly tell her that I'm 33 weeks and still have one more "bi-weekly" appointment to go before my beautiful face graces their office every week.
.. to which she replies, "Oh, I only ask because your appointment is scheduled for NEXT Friday at 8:30am." (Triple freaking F-bombs).
- Did I mention I'll be spending Carter's nap time today waiting for The Termite Man to arrive? Because scheduling that appointment during Carter's NAP WINDOW was an excellent idea. Fail, fail, fail.
Edited to add:
- As if this Friday could not be any more F-Bomb-errific... We have termites. And not only do we have termites but we have to do something about them before they eat our entire front door. And once we do something about them, we need to replace said front door.
Happy Mother's Day to me. F-bom. F-bomb. F-bomb.
Happy Friday, Loyals. Here's to hoping your Friday is filled with less Fails and F-Bombs than mine!