I spent much of the weekend giving into cravings. Which, if we're being honest, is how I've spent most of this pregnancy so far. Although, I'm thankful for the recent shift in cravings from the high fructose corn syrup laden kind to the more... natural, healthy kind.
1. Drinking water sucks. It's for the birds. I hate drinking water to start with and since it's like the number 1 mandate while pregnant, I hate it even more. So, what's my solution? Throw a few teabags in there and a heap of sugar. Okay, so maybe they're not all that healthy cravings.
2. BaNilla yogurt with fresh raspberries and vanilla toasted almond pro-biotic granola may be my new favorite snack. I won't even tell you how many times I ate this over the weekend.
3. I still can't let go of a nice cup of whipped cream with a little bit of hot cocoa. At least I laid off the giant marshmallows, no?
4. Cinnamon Cheerios with sliced banana. Go try some. It will make your morning.
I'm not sure who to thank for this glorious weather we've been having but if I could kiss them on the mouth, you darn well know I would. This gorgeous January weekend lent itself to a myriad of outdoor activities and fresh air. Hallelujah.
5. Carter and I took a couple of trips to the park- you see, in our neighborhood just a little over a block away is a brand new tot-lot. Complete with swings and slides and bridges and lots of other nap-inducing toddler activities.
6. Naps. Need I say more?
7. Okay, so I still have some pretty intense candy cravings. These often hit in the form of an overwhelming desire for something chewy and fruity and preferably sour around 10pm.
8. Sheeps got a bath this weekend. Here he is proclaiming his disdain for all things bath and haircuts while standing on top of the ottoman. Bad dog, Sheepie.
I love a good excuse to bust out the hot rollers. Mostly because I haven't quite mastered the curl-down on the right side of my head. So when Family Dinner was planned for Sunday evening, I figured "what the heck?" And so this is what happens when Mama gets 15 minutes to herself.
9. For those who've been dying to know, the curlers are from Walmart, Conair brand and I'm pretty sure they only cost $25. Two different barrel sizes and they heat up within minutes. Love.
Finally, I've been taking part in the "Instagram App" #JanPhotoADay series. This morning's prompt was "routine" and I couldn't have through of a better way to depict a typical morning here in the M house.
Wake-up. Grumble. Brush teeth. Change a diaper. Siphon caffeine.
Go ahead and look me up on Instagram at "LvdMoreThnCrrts." Follow along- I'd love to sneak a peek into your January days.
Monday morning always comes way too soon. Happy Monday, Loyals!