I don't know why but I am borderline obsessed knowing what other mothers keep in their diaper bags. It's like maybe they're keeping something in there that I've never even heard of, something that may even change my baby's diaper for me!
Similarly, I'm often much more interested than necessary in what women keep in their purses. From diapers, wipes and teethers to wallets, mascara and change purses, I love a highly recommended product and so these kinds of posts are some of my favorites.
After posting this picture on Instagram a couple of weeks ago, I received a few questions about the diaper bag that I shockingly find myself carrying these days. I say "shockingly" because prior to having our third, I wasn't so much of a dedicated diaper bag kind of gal. I re-purposed the larger handbags I had and always made sure to keep plenty of diapers and wipes in the "emergency basket" in the trunk of my car, thus eliminating the need for a large dedicated bag.
It's no secret that our third baby has turned our lives upside down in more ways that just one and in keeping with that upheaval, he even has me carrying this awesome new diaper bag and I'd be lying if I said I didn't absolutely kind of love it. The bag is made by Warm Milk and is called the Warm Milk Baby Hobo . It can be found on Amazon although I purchased it off of Zulily during one of their "Favorite Diaper Essentials" flash sales.
I love this bag for three reasons:
1. Sparkles. Duh. (And plenty of space and pockets to stuff, well, stuff.)
2. It's a backpack which allows me the use of both hands should I need them to wrangle any one of the boys at any given moment. It also has plenty of secondary straps should I want to carry it as a shoulder bag instead but I've mostly been wearing it as a backpack or using it clipped to the stroller or a shopping cart.
3. It comes with a removable travel-size nursing pillow. Yes, like a Boppy but on a much, much smaller scale and it's actually easier and more comfortable to use. Perfect during those first six weeks and then removable when you no longer need it and want to fill the bag with even more baby crap stuff.
So, want to know what's inside do you? Only my favorite baby products of all time. Each of these products is tried and tested by me, a mom of three under four and endorsed honestly by yours truly. This post isn't sponsored in any way by any of the companies represented. I'm just sharing with you things that, as a mom, I absolutely love and things that have made my life as a mom that much easier.
And yes, this all fits in my diaper bag.
1. Skip Hop Pacifier Pocket - Red - Clipped to the outside of my diaper bag and filled with two extra pacifiers, I love this little pacifier pod. It has saved me many times from having to dig around the larger compartments of the bag while trying to soothe a screaming baby!
2. Munchkin Arm & Hammer Disposable Changing Pad - I keep a few these folded in the pocket with my diapers and will throw them down whenever I'm on the go- You never know the surface you'll need to change your baby on and truthfully, I even use these when changing the baby on the leather seats in my car- they heat up during the summer months and it's nice to have that thin barrier!
4. Huggies Wipes Clutch and Clean - I hadn't heard of these until bloggers I read worked on a sponsored campaign with them. Finally, a company produced the perfect reusable wipe clutch! I keep one of these in my diaper bag as well as the "emergency basket" in the trunk of my car. Perfect for on-the-go and kind of cute, too. See, sometimes those sponsored posts do work!
7. Boob Design Washable Breast Pads - I find that washable pads tend to stay in place better than the paper-y disposable ones. These have a soft "neutral" colored skin side that, in the case they do slip, doesn't call immediate attention to your boob! I can count of two hands the number of times I've walked out of the house without these- keeping an extra set in my diaper bag has saved me (my t-shirts and my dignity) many times!
8. Baby Diapers - Size 2 and 5 for the two tiny heinies that I currently have still in diapers.
9. Joovy Boob 5-Ounce Bottle - I love these bottles. My breastfed baby has no difficulty switching between breast and bottle with these! Introduced during week three of life, we haven't looked back since. I keep one of these tucked in my diaper bag just in case.
10. Similac Advanced "On The Go" Packets - Even though we are currently exclusively breastfeeding, I always make sure to travel with a handful of these on-the-go formula packets. You never know what kinds of emergency situations will arise and I feel more comfortable knowing I'll always have something on hand to feed the baby with!
14. aden + anais Bamboo Swaddle Blanket - A long time a+a fan, it was only with this baby that I started using their super soft bamboo swaddles and I will never use another muslin swaddle blanket again. They are just the softest of the soft and such a great (large) size for swaddling, floor play, etc. And they also double as a perfect car seat and nursing cover.
15. Kate Spade Wallet - Brightspot Avenue Stacy - To give you an idea of the size of the wallet I carry around- and it fits perfectly in the front bottom zipper compartment of my bag, making it extra easy to access when it's hung from a shopping cart or stroller handle.
16. Extra Onesies and Legging-Type Pants - I always keep two extra onesies and two extra pairs of cotton legging-type pants on hand. Whether it's a diaper blow out or baby is too hot or too cold, there's always something for those "just in case" moments. Add a pair of socks too.
19. Camelbak Products Kid's Water Bottle - Absolute favorite water bottles for my older boys. I will even clip these to their backpacks when they head off to camp, school and Grandmas! These bottles have been dropped, kicked and hurled across our kitchen and they still remain intact.
22. Antibacterial Hand Wipes - Because my boys have an affinity for Walmart shopping cart handles, worms and every single toy in the waiting room at the pediatrician.
23. Melissa & Doug Water Wow Travel Coloring Book - Perfect for car rides and those long wait times in doctor's offices! I always keep two of these on hand- what's more? They dry clean and can always be reused! (I purchased mine on Amazon but other moms have informed me that they've found theirs in Target and Michaels craft store).
24. OXO Tot On-the-Go Feeding Spoon - We obviously don't need this yet with a 6 week old, 2 and 4 year old, but I love this spoon and the tiny travel case it comes in and always packed it when I would travel with my older boys when they were eating purees.
27. Monogram Sun Hat - Always great to have on hand for those unexpected stops at the park!
28. Small Mint Itsy Bag - This holds a makeshift First Aid kit with band-aids, adult and children's Motrin, gas drops as well as a nail file, hair ties, travel dry shampoo and a pair of tweezers.
29. The Mommy Hook - My MIL gave this to me when my first was born four years ago and I honestly thought to myself, "I'll never use that thing!" And it wasn't until I used it while shopping the mall with my girlfriend that I realized what a lifesaver it could be. Rather than jamming bags, be them shopping bags, grocery bags or handbags, into the cargo basket of your stroller, just clip The Mommy Hook to the handlebar and hang them from there! Amazing.