5. Thank you all so much for the birthday wishes. Thirty has definitely been good to me so far and I'm so excited to see what this next year has in store for me, this blog and my little family! I had a fantastic weekend celebrating with my boys- they truly had me feeling like a birthday princess!
Things have been crazy since I last checked in here- I'm currently in Princeton, New Jersey with the #PureAirBlog team on behalf of Miele, a world renown manufacturer of high end domestic and professional appliances. It has been a busy couple of days learning all there is to learn about them, their product and their mission! We head into New York City tomorrow for a tour of the Good Housekeeping Institute and I'm so excited to share this truly wonderful company with you in the coming months! Here is the #PureAirBlog team before our welcome dinner and a bonus picture of me with one of their ah-mazing vacuums! You can follow our adventures on Twitter and Instagram under the #PureAirBlog hashtag.
4. Sometimes when I'm out in the backyard with the boys, I'll get these hair-brained ideas to do something crazy like make bird feeders from pine cones. One of my earliest childhood memories is making these exact bird feeders in Pre-School during a "Bring Your Daddy To School Day," and I knew it would be something that Carter would love to do. After stumbling upon a few decently sized pine cones in our yard last week, I collected the necessary supplies and let Carter go to town. He had an absolute blast and every morning he loves looking out the window and yelling at the "Skirrels" to get out of the way. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, you basically tie a string to a pine cone, coat it in peanut butter, roll it in bird seed and then I prefer to let ours sit in the freezer for an hour or so before hanging them outside. Messy? Heck yes! But so much toddler-sized fun!
3. I can hardly contain my excitement now that the Fall TV premiers are right around the corner. A few of my husband's and my shared favorites include The Middle, Parenthood and Modern Family. I am selfishly excited for the return of Revenge and Scandal, two shows that I managed to watch in their entirety in the last twelve weeks. So worth the hours I spent neglecting my children. And by neglecting my children I mean allowing them to eat fruit snacks and watch a movie on the iPad so that Mommy could stream Hulu and Netflix with minimal interruptions. What's on your DVR this Fall?
2. Although I haven't yet busted out the boxes of pumpkin decor yet, I am embracing all things Fall around these parts. From pumpkin muffins and grande skinny vanilla lattes with two pumps of pumpkin to skinny jeans and cognac boots, I am rocking Fall like nobody's business. As a matter of fact, I think I had barely made it through Labor Day weekend before I busted out the first dark manicure of the season. OPI's Siberian Nightshas quickly become my go-to color. Apologies for the creepy hand photo, poor cell phone quality and the ET fingers. I'm in a hotel, remember?
1. Anyone else refusing to update their iPhone to the latest iOS7 nonsense? Not only am I on the fence about it but there's no way I have the available space on my phone to make the install and I'm just not all that invested in it to take the leap. It just makes me... nervous. And it's so.. cartoon-ish? Bubbly? I don't know the word. We've been due for an upgrade since the middle of the summer and now that we've placed our pre-order for the new 5s, I think I'll just tough out iOS6 until then. If you've made the leap, what's your favorite update? I've heard great things about the camera options but would love to know more!
Be sure to check out the wonderful hosts
of Five on Friday and have a great weekend!