Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Monday, September 28, 2009
I have a case of the Mondays.
Somebody peed in my Wheaties.
There's just something about waking up when it's still dark outside that really sets my teeth on edge.
I'm out of idioms. And still very cranky.
Is Monday over yet?
Sunday, September 27, 2009
Friday, September 25, 2009
I am, however, posting the first pictures taken with my brandy new camera, the Canon Rebel T1i. It's so fabulous that I've been searching for photography classes in the area to better help me understand just how fabulous this little dandy is!
Stay tuned for pictures from our weekend (to be filled with pretty fall colors and lot's o' apple and pumpkin picking!)
Thursday, September 24, 2009
I have a sheepdog. They are bred to herd sheep. If there are no sheep in the house, they herd their owners. No lie.
Since I own a sheepdog, he obviously needs some sheep. And by some, I mean a lot.
Every time I see a dog toy that even remotely resembles a sheep, I must buy it. Do you even know how many dog toys are out there resembling sheep? Tons. Take it from me, there is a veritable sheep/lamb dog toy market out there. And I'm sure they've made millions of dollars, mostly off of me and my gullability.
I once even bought Sullivan an almost lifesize stuffed sheep animal. It took him approximately three hours to dismantle the sheep, limb by limb.
But I haven't learned my lesson. Case in point? I brought him home another sheep today- and the tag claims indestructability.
Did I mention my gullability? I can't help it that he's a sheepdog and needs his sheep.
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
2. I may or may not have purchased my fabulous MaxandCleo dress that I wore to the wedding using our joint bank account. Obviously we were both going to benefit from this purchase, right?
3. Hubs may or may not (okay, fine, he definitely may have) bought me not one, but two cameras for my birthday. I am now the proud owner of a Nikon Coolpix point-and-shoot and most importantly, this beauty, the Canon Rebel T1i. I truly have the best Hubs ever in the whole wide world and am one lucky birthday girl!
4. I may or may not have told Hubs that I would bring my delicious Tiramisu birthday cake leftovers (from a little family birthday party at home this weekend) into work today so that my fat hiney wouldn't scarf down a third of a cake by my lonesome- but secretly kept the cake in the fridge, all for my pretty little self. Delish!
5. And finally, I am SO excited for the brand new season of House which aired last night, that I momentarily contemplated watching it tonight and not waiting for Hubs to come home this weekend, like I had promised, so that we could watch it together. I said momentarily! I won't actually do it! Sheesh!
Friday, September 18, 2009
Another Sullivan video.
And you all thought he was cute before?
Hubs and I are headed to Hometown, NJ this weekend for a New York wedding. Hubs' fraternity "little" is tying the knot with a wonderful West Coast lady, who is also in school to be a nurse! (Have I mentioned that I sometimes feel a strange kinship to anyone and everyone thinking of going to nursing school? Currently attending nursing school? New nurse? Old nurse? Etc.?)
"This isn't so much a wedding, as is it a reunion with open bar and a mandatory church service."
That was the email that circulated amongst all of the fraternity brothers who will be in attendance this weekend. This sure is shaping up to be quite the debacle! Unfortunately, I don't forsee much picture-taking occuring this weekend, as my camera sensor died rendering said camera useless. So sad!
Hopefully I'll be able to snag a photo or two, because afterall, I'm wearing the most fab MaxandCleo dress I've ever seen!
Thursday, September 17, 2009
That misting precipitation you see falling from the sky? That's called rain. Now, unless you've been living in either the Sahara Desert or the Tundra for the last, oh I don't know, one hundred years, I know this isn't the first time you've experienced a drizzle. Contrary to popular belief, neither you nor your vehicle will melt once in contact with said drizzle. I know! Sounds crazy, but believe me. I only speak the truth.
And just because there's this little stretch of highway, less than a mile long, might I add, that is often referred to as "The Conshohocken Curve," it does not mean that you need to adjust your speed from the regulated 55 mph to a mere crawl, just so that you can navigate a slight bend in the road. This is how accidents happen, people!
In closing, all I ask is that you please, stop driving like complete and total morons.
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
You know how you sometimes have those preconceived notions surrounding what a certain blogger might sound like, if you met her in real life? Maybe that's just me- but I get such a kick out of hearing bloggers actual voices after reading their words for so long! I truly sometimes think, "Oh, I bet i know exactly what they sound like!" and then upon hearing them, I get totally tossed for a loop!
Well, it's your turn. Here's a silly video of Sullivan and I thatI took last night only minutes after walking in the door. We're getting ready to go for a walk and I thought maybe he'd want to show off some his tricks.
Yep, that's my DogBaby voice. Stop laughing!
Enjoy my first (of many, no doubt) Vlogs!
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
What is your current obsession?
What’s in your purse?
patrick swayze 1952-2009
Monday, September 14, 2009
Just a few of my favorite things,
so, what did Hubs
That's the champagne Hubs bought for my birthday dinner. We took it to a delicious Italian BYOB in town. That's Hubs in the background. That champagne, coupled with a few glasses of our favorite Rosenblum Syrah is most likely the culprit of my 26th Birthday Hangover. Awe-some. (Why is it that hangovers only get worse with age?)
As I sit here and ponder my previous 25 years, does this mean that I am no longer in my mid-twenties? Is that a title reserved only for your 25th year? It seems strange, in just one single day, to have crossed that imaginary chasm suddenly thrusting myself into my late-twenties?
But in either case, I'm happy, I'm blessed and it's bound to be a great 26th year.
Especially because there's really only one day a year when you can run around calling yourself The Birthday Princess and not be considered a total whackjob.
Saturday, September 12, 2009
Sheepie talk. In the M household, Hubs and I have sheepie-fied certain words or phrases based on the behaviors of our knucklehead of a pup. Furthermore, we use them in adult coversations with each other. This is why we don't have children yet...
The following are just a few of our favorite Sheepie-isms:
Sleepy Sheepie: Pink-eyed and absolutely exhausted. [When Sullivan is overtired, whiny and cranky, the normally light pink skin around his eyes turns hot pink. When this happens you just know that it's time for somebody's bedtime]. Ex: Are you being a Sleepy Sheepie?
Sheepie-saster: A hot mess. (As in "You're a disaster.") [When Sullivan came home from the groomer with the world's worst haircut]. [When Sullivan ate too much rawhide and projectile vomited all over the family room carpet]. Ex: Get your act together and stop being a Sheepie-saster.
Crap Your Sheepie Pants: This just makes me laugh out loud everytime my husband says it. We use it solely when talking to the Sheepdog when he really, really needs to go outside. Ex: When Sully needs to go outside and there's no time to waste, he starts barking incessantly. At the top of his lungs. Right in your face. My husband always says to him, "Or what? Are you going to crap your sheepie pants?" I'm totally laughing out loud while I'm typing this.
Just a little chuckle for your Saturday morning. Happy Weekend!
Friday, September 11, 2009
It's 5:30am. It's torrentially downpouring and yours truly is outside, wearing mismatched pajamas and Dansko clogs (because Hubs claims $195.00 Burberry Wellies are not a dire neccessity), carrying an oversized umbrella and coaxing an overtired Sheepie to "hurry up and do poops."
We're walking up and down the street, down and up the street and god forbid, someone or something were to even threaten to break Sullivan's focus, I would truly end the life of whomever or whatever was the culprit, with my bare hands. Grumble Grumble Snarl. (As you can see, I'm quite the happy camper at 5:30am in the torrential downpour).
Now, let me say for the record that I always pick up after the dog. I learned very quickly that Sullivan is often times a "two-bagger" on morning walks and sometimes a "three-bagger" on our later walks in the evening. I carry a stash of those ridiculously overpriced poop bags with me wherever I go. Pockets of my JCREW trench? You'll find one in there. Glove compartment of my car? Yep, that's good for two or three of those bags. I even found one of those bags tumbling around the dryer with the last load of laundry I did.
I. always. pickup. after. MY. dog.
So, back to the story at hand. While I'm standing out in the torrential downpour trying to balance an umbrella with a now-pooping Sheepie, I hear this voice.. reminiscent of the Wizard of Oz.. yell something akin to, "something, something, something, DOG!"
Keep in mind, I'm half asleep and looking around for another person, the owner of the voice. There is no one on the street with me. Again, the voice yells, "Yeah! I'm talking to you! You'd better pick up after your dog!"
Ok. Remember to breathe. Count backwards from ten. 10. 9. 8. (As I'm bending over, umbrella flying sideways, rain pouring down the back of my trench, Sheepie yanking on his leash, practically tearing my left limb from it's socket, attempting to pick up the dog poop) 7. 6...
And then, oozing maturity, I scream at the top of my lungs, "F*&K YOU, LADY! F*&K YOU!"
I'll admit. It wasn't one of my finer moments. But honestly? Mysterious Voice Screamer, who do you think you are? Yelling at me from the comforts of your dry home, knowing full well that I walk my dog up and down the street daily, always picking up after him.
Ugh. Sometimes, I hate people.
Happy Rainy Friday.
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
I come from North Jersey where we take both our bagels and our pizza very seriously.
How seriously do I take my love of bagels?
See what I'm talking about here?
Friday, September 4, 2009
- dark hair and dark nailpolish!
Ashley Paige before:
OPI's Black Cherry Chutney
I love it SO much that it's even taken the place of my usual fave, Linkin Park After Dark!
What are some of your Fall faves?
Thursday, September 3, 2009
did you hear me? i said, "little!"
sometimes i wish he would stay that way...
happy birthday, woobs. may it be one of the best, ever!
typical sibling love.
I'll admit, I may have wanted a sister back when i found out Mom was pregnant with you, 18 years and 10 months ago, but after all these years? I wouldn't trade you for the world.
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
2. I completely overspent my stipend this past week. And most likely the week before that and next week, too. I can't help it that we're on the brink of my most favorite season of the entire year and I needed a haircut, color and blowout, new boots, a few necessities from JCREW, some iPhone apps, a mani and a pedi, these really great flats from Nordie's that would go great with last year's skinny jeans.. this list could go on and on...
3. While at the beach this month, I made my yearly pre-birthday-present-to-myself purchase from the Coach outlet. A beautiful burnt sienna oversized tote with matching wallet, of course. Hubs said I couldn't use it until my birthday. Somebody once told me, "patience is a virtue." I must've missed out on that one. Because the bag already made it's debut. I did think about wrapping it back up and waiting another 14 days, but it's just too darn cute.
4. Hubs, I used your toothbrush this weekend. Mine must've run away.
5. The clothes that are currently sitting in the dryer have been run through that dryer three times now. Why? Because I keep forgetting to go downstairs, retrieve them and fold them when they are ready. Instead, I forget about them and they just sit in there getting really really wrinkled and the only way to unwrinkle them is to re-fluff them. Over and over and over again.